Riverside East Rotary is one of more than 34,000 Rotary Clubs, with more than 1.2 million members throughout the world.
The Object of Rotary
To encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
- First, the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service
- Second, high ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society
- Third, the application of the ideal of service in each Rotarian’s personal, business, and community life
- Fourth, the advancement of international understanding, goodwill, and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional persons united in the ideal of service.
The Four-Way Test
Followed by all Rotarians worldwide in their business and professional lives, The Four-Way Test was created by Rotarian Herbert J. Taylor in 1932. It has since been translated into more than 100 languages and is used by organizations and individuals throughout the world.
The Four-Way Test of the things we think, say or do:
- Is it the truth?
- Is it fair to all concerned?
- Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it be beneficial to all concerned?
Through Rotary clubs, people from all continents and cultures come together to exchange ideas, and form friendships and professional connections while making a difference in their backyards and around the world. Rotary International fights disease, promotes peace, provides clean water, helps mothers and children, supports education, and helps to grow local economies.
Learn more about Rotary International at www.rotary.org
Where We Meet
Riverside East Rotary meets every Wednesday morning at 7:00am at the Canyon Crest Country Club. If you are interested in becoming a member or in learning more about Riverside East Rotary you are encouraged to come to our Wednesday morning meeting or to contact one of the members below.[wpgmza id=”1″]